Welcome to the Exams Office area. Within this area of the school website we aim to provide students and parents with information which we hope will be both useful and informative.
We will provide general information about results, details for the collection of exam results and application forms for Access to Scripts (ATS) and Enquiries after Results (EaR).
Post Result Enquiry Forms will be available from the Exams Officer on results days and when school returns in September.
Results - General Information
- Results for the November Series of exams will be issued via Form Tutor trays.
- Results for the January Series of exams will be issued via Form Tutor trays.
- Results for On Demand BTEC tests will be issued via the Subject Teacher.
- Results for the Summer Series of exams may be collected from the school by candidates.
Results - Summer 2018
Thursday 16 August
GCE/Level 3 BTEC results can be collected from 9:00 to 11:00 am in the library. Year 12 unit results can be collected from 9:30 am
Thursday 23 August
GCSE/Level 1/2 BTEC results can be collected from 9:00 to 11:00 am in the Sports Hall
Results will be given to the student only. If another person (including a parent) is to collect the results, they must have a letter from the student giving permission and the person collecting must bring their own ID on the day, even if they are known to the school.
If a candidate is unable to collect results in person (in the Summer series) the results will be posted on results day by First Class post to the home address we have on our database. If you wish these to be posted to an alternative address please provide the exams office with a stamped addressed envelope before the end of the summer term.
Results will not be given out over the phone and cannot be emailed to the candidate.
GCE results are A B C D E
A Level candidates can score an A* by achieving an A grade at A level AND if they score at least 90% of the maximum UMS on the aggregate of the A2 units.
U denotes Ungraded.
GCSE results are either 9 to 1 or A* to G depending on the subject. By Summer 2019 almost all GCSE exams will be graded 9 – 1
U denotes Ungraded
BTEC results are graded: D* (Distinction*) D (Distinction) M (Merit) P (Pass)
- Requesting a Marking Review
- Post-Results Services - Order Form
- GCSE Changes - Factsheet for Parents
- Appeals against Internal Assessments of Work Policy
- Controlled Assessment Policy
- Equality of Access (Exams) Policy
- Examination Policy
- Examination Disability Policy
- Enquiries After Results Policy